Green card youth voices : immigration stories from Upstate New York high schools / Stela Ciko [and 29 others] ; Julie Vang and Tea Rozman, editors.
- Other Title:
- Immigration stories from Upstate New York high schools
- Minneapolis, MN : Green Card Voices, 2020.
xxii, 157 pages : color maps, color portraits ; 23 cm
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Juvenile literature.
United States -- Emigration and immigration -- Biography.
New York (State).
Children of immigrants -- New York (State) -- New York.
Immigrant children -- New York (State) -- New York -- Biography.
Immigrants -- New York (State) -- New York -- Biography.
Children of immigrants -- United States.
Immigrants -- United States -- Biography.
High school students' writings.
Children of immigrants.
Emigration and immigration.
- Juvenile works.
Young adult non-fiction.
- This book is a collection of personal essays written by twenty-four students coming from fiufteen different countries, and five coming from Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory of the United States. All students attend Rochester City School District Bilingual Language & Literacy Academy, Brighton High School, Twelve Corner Middle School, Lafayette International High School, or Newcomer Academy. Included in the collection are Puerto Ricans who fled Hurricane Maria, Yemanis who escaped starvation, and Rohingya refugees forced to leave Myanmar. These young authors' stories carry resilience, strength, and hope towards the futures of which they dream.
"Green Card Youth Voices: Immigration Stories from Upstate New York High Schools" is a collection of personal essays written by 29 authors from Twelve Corner Middle School, Bilingual Language and Literacy Academy, Lafayette High School, and Newcomer Academy, and residing in New York State. The book includes a study guide, and a glossary to help teachers use the book as an educational resource when teaching about immigration -- Amazon.com
- Immigrant and Refugee Experiences in Children’s and Young Adult Literature Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Rozman Clark, Tea, editor.
Vang, Julie, editor.
Green Card Voices (Organization)
- 9781949523164 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|