Superwomen : gender, power, and representation / Carolyn Cocca.
- New York : Bloomsbury Academic, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2016.
1 online resource (289 pages) : illustrations
- Comic books, strips, etc. -- United States -- History and criticism.
Women heroes in literature.
Women heroes in motion pictures.
Women heroes -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- "Explores the production, representation, and reception of prominent female superheroes in mainstream superhero comics, television shows, and films."-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note:
List of Illustrations
Introduction: Representation Matters
Chapter 1: "The Sexier the Outfit, the Fewer Questions Asked": Wonder Woman
Chapter 2: "When You Go Out At Night, You Won't Be Alone": Batgirl(s) and Birds of Prey
Chapter 3: "Somebody Has To Save Our Skins!" Padmé Amidala, Leia Organa, and Jaina Solo in Star Wars
Chapter 4: "No Such Things as Limits": The X-Women
Chapter 5: "Slayers. Every One of Us": Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Chapter 6: "Part of Something Bigger": Ms. Marvel(s) and Captain Marvel(s)
Conclusion: Superwomen, Diversity, and Representation
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Electronic reproduction. London : Bloomsbury Publishing, 2016 Available via World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record and CIP data provided by publisher; resource not viewed.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.5040/9781501316609 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|