Not free to desist; the American Jewish Committee, 1906-1966. Naomi W. Cohen. Introduction by Salo W. Baron.
- [1st ed.]
- Philadelphia, The Jewish Publication Society of America, 5732-1972.
, xiii, , 652,  pages 22 cm.
- American Jewish Committee.
Jews -- United States -- Political and social conditions.
- Part One. Organization was in the air; Patricians at work; In defense of the immigrant; The abrogation campaign; Wartime alliances; "The greatest charter of liberties"; American loses confidence; The Nazi fury; Bigotry and defense, American style; The years of the Holocaust; To guard the remnant; "The state of Israel ... is here to stay"
Part Two. Foreword to Part Two: Between left and right; "You know the heart of a stranger"; Integration and identity; Separation of church and state; The teachings of religion; To light a candle; Behind the Iron curtain; Communities in transition; Missionary diplomacy; Prologue to the next sixty.
- "First edition."
"Designed by Adrianne Onderdonk Dudden."
"This study traces the activities of the American Jewish Committee, the oldest Jewish defense organization in the United States, during the first sixty years of its existence. It views those activities against a background of twentieth-century trends in American and world Jewish history."--Preface.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Baron, Salo W. (Salo Wittmayer), 1895-1989.
Dudden, Adrianne Onderdonk.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|