Abraham Geiger and liberal Judaism, the challenge of the nineteenth century / Compiled with a biographical introduction by Max Wiener. Translation from the German by Ernst J. Schlochauer.
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections. English 1962
- [1st ed.].
- Philadelphia, The Jewish Publication Society of America, 5722 1962. (Scranton, Pennsylvania : Manufactured by The Haddon Craftsmen, Inc.)
, 305,  pages 22 cm.
- Geiger, Abraham, 1810-1874.
Reform Judaism -- Collected works.
Rabbis -- Germany -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
United States Pennsylvania Scranton.
- Biography of Abraham Geiger
Letters: To Joseph Naftali Dernberg; To various correspondents; To Leopold Zunz: Reminiscences of Days Gone By
Excerpts from Geiger's Works: A General Introduction to the Science of Judaism; Reports of the Jewish Institute of Religious Instruction; Judaism and its History; The Original Text and Translations of the Bible
Sermons and Lead Articles: Sermons; Lead Articles; An Open Letter: On renouncing Judaism.
- "First edition."
"Designed by Sol Calvin Cohen."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Herman Potok, November 1962 Philadelphia".
Potok Collection copy has underlines, marginal marks and ms. annotations.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wiener, Max, 1882-1950. comp.
Schlochauer, Ernst J.
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|