The drama of the medieval church / by Karl Young.
- Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1933.
2 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy.
Drama, Medieval -- History and criticism.
Mysteries and miracle-plays, Latin.
Latin drama, Medieval and modern
- v. 1. The liturgy of the Church of Rome. Dramatic and other literary aspects of the Roman liturgy. Plays associated with the resurrection and the passion
v. 2. Plays associated with the nativity. Plays upon other subjects from the Bible and from legends.
Appendices: The Easter sepulchre. The Shrewsbury fragments. Extracts from the writings of reformers. Miscellaneous records and references. List of books (p. -562). Index.
- Collection of extant examples of church drama employed by the medieval church in western Europe as part of public worship; text, in Latin, interspersed with commentary.
Bibliography: v. 2, p. -562.
- Yarnall Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|