The essence of T. H. Huxley : selections from his writings / edited with several brief interpretive essays by Cyril Bibby ; and a forword by Sir Julian Huxley.
- London ; Melbourne : Macmillan, 1967. , ©1967
- Glasgow : Robert Maclehose and Co. Ltd
Glasgow : The University Press, Glasgow
xiii, 246 pages : plate, portrait ; 23 cm
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Autobiographical fragments
Some reminiscences by Mrs. Huxley
Science and scientific method
Philosophy and psychology
Agnosticism, religion and morality
Anthropology and theology
Evolution, ethics and social organisation
- "© Cyril Bibby, 1967"--verso of title page.
"Printed in Great Britain by Robert Maclehose and Co. Ltd. The University Press, Glasgow"--verso of title page.
"Bibliographical notes": pages 237-238.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Rare copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
Penn Libraries Rare copy has dust jacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (autograph) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Bibby, Cyril. editor.
Macmillan & Co., publisher.
St. Martin's Press, publisher.
Robert MacLehose & Co., printer.
University Press (Glasgow, Scotland), printer
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|