Thēsauros tēs hellēnikēs glōssēs = Thesaurus graecae linguae / ab Henrico Stephano constructus.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Thēsauros tēs hellēnikēs glōssēs
Thesaurus graecae linguae
- Post editionem anglicam novis additamentis auctum, ordineque alphabetico digestum tertio / ediderunt Carolus Benedictus Hase ..., Guilielmus Dindorfius et Ludovicus Dindorfius.
- Parisiis ... : Venit apud Firmin Didot Fratres ..., 1831-1865.
- Parisiis : Excudebat Ambrosius Firmin Didot ..., 1831-1865.
8 volumes ; 35 cm
- Greek language -- Dictionaries -- Latin.
- Place of Publication:
- France Paris.
- Bound as issued in 9 volumes (volume 1 in 2 parts)
Vol. 1, pt. 1 is co-edited by "Carolus Benedictus Hase, G.R. Lud. de Sinner et Theobaldus Fix."
"Addenda et corrigenda" at end of volumes 2 and 4-5.
- Local notes:
- Way copy: "The volumes contain more than 1000 marginal annotations written for the most part by the acting editor Friedrich Dübner ... Besides Dübner's annotations ... which are written in ink and pencil through the nine volumes, some of the marginalia -- found mostly in volumes 5 and 6 -- have been written by at least one other person (most likely Didot or Hase) ... The notes found next to columns 806 and 808 in volume six have been carefully preserved by folding the margins in so as not to cut them. The copy of the Thesaurus is clearly made up of Dübner's proof copies in which from as early as 1836 (the notes at the beginning of volume three published in 1835 are dated 1836) till his death in 1867 he noted corrections and additions to the nine volumes. The marginal notes were written on proof sheets before the sheets were cut and bound (in some cases the pages have been carefully repaired)."--Bookseller's description.
Way copy: volumes 1-8: round blue ink stamp ("BIBL. SCHOLASTICUS PROV. CALIF") with manuscript numeral ("483") in blue pencil on blank leaf following front endleaf; same stamp on title leaf of volumes 1-4 and 6-7; same stamp on half-title leaf of volume 5.
Way copy: volumes 1-8: oval red ink stamp ("ÉCOLE SAINTE GENEVIÉVE * B.D.J *") on title leaf.
Way copy: volumes 1-8: blue ink stamp ("MT. ST. MICHAELS LIBRARY SPOKANE, WASH.") on verso of title leaf.
Way copy has laid into volume 8 -leaf document with bookseller's description of this copy with manuscript note to "Michelle Edin"(?) from Peter Way and 8-leaf document with bookseller's description of this copy and three other works with manuscript note in pencil on p. 1 and manuscript marks in blue ink in text laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Way, Peter (former owner) (Way copy)
Jesuits. California Province (stamp) (Way copy)
École Sainte-Geneviève (Paris, France) (stamp) (Way copy)
Mount Saint Michael's (Spokane, Wash.) (stamp) (Way copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Hase, Charles Benoît, 1780-1864, editor.
Dindorf, Wilhelm, 1802-1883, editor.
Dindorf, Ludwig August, 1805-1871, editor.
Firmin-Didot, Ambroise, 1790-1876, printer.
Dübner, Fr. (Friedrich), 1802-1867, annotator.
Firmin-Didot (Firm), bookseller.
Peter Way Collection of Early Modern Texts (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Estienne, Henri, 1531-1598. Thēsauros tēs hellēnikēs glōssēs.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|