The literary life, a scrapbook almanac of the Anglo-American literary scene from 1900 to 1950, comprising pictures, gossip, homage, warnings and clues, - together with laurels, letters, lists and whispered asides, - the whole reverently garnered and arranged / by Robert Phelps and Peter Deane.
- New York, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1968.
, ix, , 244 pages illustrations, portraits 29 cm.
- English literature -- 20th century -- Bio-bibliography.
American literature -- 20th century -- Bio-bibliography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- "Part photograph album, part reference book, part gossip column, 'The Literary Life' looks very much like the secret scrapbook some Ideal Bookworm might have kept from 1900 to 1950."--Dustjacket.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp: "From the library of Truman Capote".
Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim & Adena Potok September 1968 Philadelphia".
- Penn Provenance:
- Capote, Truman, 1924-1984 (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Potok, Adena (autograph) (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Deane, Peter. joint author.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|