Biology and knowledge : an essay on the relations between organic regulations and cognitive processes / Jean Piaget ; translated by Beatrix Walsh.
- Other records:
- Standardized Title:
- Biologie et connaissance. English
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1971. , ©1971
xii, 384 pages ; 23 cm
- Place of Publication:
- United States Illinois Chicago.
- Posing the problem
Methods of approach and control
Epistemology of biological knowledge
Corresponding functions and partial structural isomorphisms between the organism and the subject of knowledge
Conclusions: the various forms of knowledge seen as differential organs of the regulation of functional exchanges with the external world.
- Translation of Biologie et connaissance.
"©1971 by the University of Chicago and The University of Edinburgh"--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
Kislak Center copy retains dust jacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (autograph, July 1974) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Walsh, Beatrix, translator.
University of Chicago. Press. publishers.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|