History of New Testament times, with an introduction to the Apocrypha, by Robert H. Pfeiffer Harvard University and Boston University.
- [1st ed.].
- New York, Harper & Brothers Publishers, .
xii, 561,  pages 24 cm.
- Bible. New Testament -- History of contemporary events.
Bible. Apocrypha -- Introductions.
Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Part I: Judaism from 200 B.C. to A.D. 200. A. Palestinian Judaism. Political history, Religious history; Literary history; B. Hellenistic Judaism. Hellenism; The Jews in the lands of their dispersion; Alexandrian-Jewish literature
Part II: The Books of the Apocryphia. Esdras (The Greek Ezra); The Book of Tobit; The Book of Judith; The rest of the chapters of the Book of Esther; The wisdom of Solomon; Ecclesiasticus by Sirach; The Book of Baruch; The Epistle of Jeremy; Additions to the Book of Daniel; The Prayer of Manasses; I Maccabees; II Maccabees.
- "After eight years, later than anticipated, I present here the sequel and completion of my 'Introduction to the Old Testament'."--Foreword.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -541) and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dust jacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Herman Potok March 1954".
Potok Collection copy has "D-A" (April, 1951) on title-page verso.
Potok Collection copy has underlines and ms. annotations.
Potok Collection copy has label "Blackwell's, Oxford England" pasted on front pastedown.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|