Spiritual narratives / introduction by Susan Houchins.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1988.
- Schomburg library of nineteenth-century Black women writers
The Schomburg library of nineteenth-Century Black women writers
xliv, , 84, , 97, 124, 140,  pages : portrait ; 17 cm.
- African American women -- Biography.
African American women -- Religion.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Productions of Mrs. Maria W. Stewart (1835) / Maria Stewart
Religious experience and journal of Mrs. Jarena Lee, Giving an Account of Her Call to Preach the Gospel (1849) / Jarena Lee
A Brand Plucked from the Fire. An Autobiographical Sket (1886) / Julia A. J. Foote
Twenty-year's Experience of a Missionary / by Virginia W. Broughton.
- "Whenever possible, the volumes in this set were reproduced directly from original materials. When availability, physical condition of original texts, or other circumstances prohibited this, volumes or portions of volumes were reset."--Publisher's Note.
Includes bibliographical references (pages xli-xliv).
Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards - Nonfiction, Winner, 1989
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Houchins, Sue E., writer of introduction.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|