Perspectives of New Music [sound recording]
- Other Title:
- Happily ever after.
Arie da capo.
Pas de voix.
- Seattle, WA : University of Washington ; Charlottesville, VA : Manufactured by Nimbus Records, 
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Vocal music
Quintets (Piano, clarinet, flute, violin, cello)
Saxophone with instrumental ensemble
- Happily ever after : 1987 / Randolph Hostetler (16:54)
Arie da capo : 1974 / Milton Babbitt (12:46)
Prime : 1973 / Richard Swift (10:58)
Pas de voix : Portrait of Samuel Beckett : 1987 / Charles Amirkhanian (16:35).
- Pat Loomis, alto saxophone (in the 3rd work) ; Members of the Contemporary Group of the University of Washington, Ciro Scotto, conductor (in the 2nd and 3rd works).
- The 1st work for speaking voices telling stories; tape realized in the electro-acoustical music studios at the California Institute of the Arts. The 2nd work for flute, clarinet (doubling bass clarinet), violin, violoncello, and piano. The 3rd work for solo alto saxophone with flute, oboe, trombone, harp, viola, violoncello, and double bass. The 4th work for various sounds, concrete and musical, treated in the Synclavier studio of Henry Kaiser, Oakland, Calif.; final tape realized at 1750 Arch Studios, Berkeley.
Accompanies vol. 26, no. 2 of Perspectives of New Music.
The 4th work "a recording of the West German Radio (WDR)."
Program notes, in part by the composers ( p.) inserted in container.
- Loomis, Pat. , Performer
Scotto, Ciro. , Conductor
University of Washington. Contemporary Group.
- Hostetler, Randolph. Happily ever after.
Babbitt, Milton, 1916- Arie da capo.
Swift, Richard, 1927-2003. Prime.
Amirkhanian, Charles. Pas de voix.
- Publisher Number:
- PNM 26 Perspectives of New Music
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|