Napoleon III and his carnival empire / by John Bierman.
- Other Title:
- Napoleon Third and his carnival empire
- [1st ed.]
- New York : St. Martin's Press, [c1988].
xx, 439,  p.,  p. of plates : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
- Napoleon III, Emperor of the French, 1808-1873.
France -- Kings and rulers -- Biography.
France -- History -- Second Empire, 1852-1870.
- Prologue: Popguns at Dawn
Book One: The Path to Power
Book Two: Imperial Heyday
Book Three: Decline and Fall
Postscript: The Long Twilight.
- Endpapers illustrated with painting "Les Ambassadeurs Siamois" by J. L. Gérome.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 411-415) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has "First Edition" statement wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0312018274 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|