In search of sisterhood : Delta Sigma Theta : and the challenge of the Black sorority movement / Paula Giddings.
- First edition.
- [New York] : William Morrow and Company, Inc., New York, 1988. , ©1988
, 336 pages : illustrations, music ; 25 cm
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority -- History.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
African American women -- Societies and clubs -- History.
African American women -- Societies and clubs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Traces the history of Delta Sigma Theta, a Black sorority, and assesses its role helping Black professional women.
- World of the founders
Extending the vision: nationalizing an idea
Grounds for a movement
New era, new challenge
Strengthening within-looking without
"One blood, one tradition"
From coalition to autonomy
Coming of age
The modern sisterhood
Delta in the movement years
Challenge and change
Toward a new identity
Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.: the contemporary years.
- "Copyright © 1988 by Delta Sigma Theta, Inc."; title page verso.
"Book design by Jaye Zimet"; title page verso.
Includes half-title page.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 306-318) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks. Banks copy contains review of title from The Washington Post newspaper dated: August 12, 1988.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- William Morrow and Company, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania) $5 PU
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|