Fact, fiction, & forecast, by Nelson Goodman Professor of Philosophy in the University of Pennsylvania.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Fact, fiction, and forecast
- Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harvard University Press, 1955.
126,  pages 21 cm.
- Induction (Logic)
Science -- Philosophy
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
- Predication-1946. The problem of counterfactual conditionals
Project-1953. The passing of the possible; The new riddle of induction; Prospects for a theory of projection.
- "Predicament 1946 was originally delivered as a lecture at the New York Philosophical Circle on May 11, 1946 ..." . The following chapters are "somewhat revised versions of the Special Lectures in Philosophy delivered at the University of London on May 21, 26 and 28, 1953."
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Herman Potok March 1960 Philadelphia".
Potok Collection copy has numerous underlines, marginal marks and ms. annotations throughout.
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|