A dissertation on the sources of malignant bilious, or yellow fever, and means of preventing it : submitted to the examination of the Rev. John Ewing, S.T.P. provost; the trustees & medical faculty, of the University of Pennsylvania, on the sixth day of June, 1799, for the degree of Doctor of Medicine / by William G. Chalwill, of Tortola, member of the Philadelphia Medical and Chemical Societies.
- Philadelphia : Printed by Way & Groff, no. 48, North Third-Street, 1799.
31,  p. ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Yellow fever -- Early works to 1800.
- Academic dissertations -- Pennsylvania -- 18th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Dedicated to Philip S. Physick.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-D⁴ (D4 verso blank).
With a half-title.
Thesis (M.D.)-- University of Pennsylvania, 1799.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
Smith copy is no. 1 in a vol. of 10 medical dissertations bound together.
- Penn Provenance:
- Physick, Philip Syng, 1768-1837 (inscription) (RBC copy 1)
Chalwill, William G. (autograph) (RBC copy 1)
Pepper, William, 1874-1947 (donor) (RBC copy 2)
Harlan, Max (former owner) (Smith copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 35291
Austin, R.B. Early Amer. medical imprints, 436
- Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|