Portrait of a Decade; the Second American Revolution Anthony Lewis and the New York Times.
- Other Title:
- The second American revolution.
- New York, Random House . (Scranton, Pennsylvania : Manufactured by The Haddon Craftsmen, Inc.)
, 322,  pages,  pages of plates illustrations, portraits 25 cm.
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Pennsylvania Scranton.
- The Revolutionary Decade
The School Segregation Cases
The South reacts
Montgomery, cradle of the New Negro
Non-violent direct action
The Role of the Federal Government
The Right to Vote
Two Cities: New Orleans and Atlanta
- "A first-hand account of the struggle for Civil Rights from 1954-1964"--Dustjacket.
" .. the book is the work of a score of journalists who have filed millions of words about civil rights during the past ten years ... the Times relied particularly on Claude Sitton, who since 1957 has been its southern regional correspondent ... Anthony Lewis .... wrote ... three special chapters dealing with the law and civil rights."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Potok Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Adena Potok.
Potok Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Potok Collection copy has autograph of "Chaim Potok Philadelphia December 1966".
- Penn Provenance:
- Potok, Adena (donor) (Potok Collection copy)
Potok, Chaim (autograph) (Potok Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- The Library of Chaim Potok (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|