Their place on the stage : Black women playwrights in America / Elizabeth Brown-Guillory ; foreword by Margaret Walker Alexander ; afterword by Gloria T. Hull.
- New York : Greenwood Press, .
- Contributions in Afro-American and American studies ; no. 117.
Contributions in Afro-American and African studies. 0069-9624 ; no. 117
xiv, , 163,  pages : portraits ; 25 cm
- American drama -- African American authors -- History and criticism.
American drama -- Women authors -- History and criticism.
American drama -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
African Americans in literature
Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
African American theater -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Black Theater Tradition and Women Playwrights of the Harlem Renaissance
Alice Childress, Lorraine Hansberry, Ntozake Shange: Carving a Place for Themselves on the American Stage
Tonal Form: Symbols as Shapers of "Theater of Struggle"
Structural Form: African American Initiation and Survival Rituals
Mirroring the Dark and Beautiful Warriors: Images of Blacks
The African Continuum: "The Progeny in the New World.
- "First published in 1988."
Includes bibliographical references (pages -158) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Walker, Margaret, 1915-1998, writer of foreword.
Hull, Akasha Gloria, writer of afterword.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0313259852 (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|