Discourses on the publick revenues, and on the trade of England : in two parts / by the author of Essay on ways and means [i.e. Charles Davenant].
- London : Printed for James Knapton ... , 1698.
2 v.,  folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- Great Britain -- Commerce -- Early works to 1800.
Finance, Public -- Great Britain -- History -- 1688-1815.
Great Britain -- Commercial policy -- Early works to 1800.
- Contents (from t.p.): v. 1. : I. Of the use of political arithmetick... II. On credit... III. On the management of the king's revenues. IV. Whither to farm the revenues... V. On the publick debts and engagements.
v. 2. I. That foreign trade is beneficial to England. II. On the protection and care of trade. III. On the plantation trade. IV. On the East India trade. To which is added, The late essay on the East India Trade.
- Local notes:
- RBC and LEA copy of Vol. 1 with: A discourse upon improving the revenue of the state of Athens. / Written originally in Greek by Xenophon .... London : Printed for J. Knapton, 1697.
RBC copy 2 & 3 imperfect: v.1 wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cowper (bookplate) (RBC copy 1)
Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909 (bookplate 1854) (Lea copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed.) D-306.
Kress Lib. 2074.
Goldsmiths' Lib. cat. 3523.
- Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|