The mambo kings play songs of love / Oscar Hijuelos.
- New York : Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 1989.
407 p. ; 24 cm.
- Cuban Americans -- Fiction.
Musicians -- Fiction.
Brothers -- Fiction.
New York (N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
- "It's 1949 and two young Cuban musicians make their way up from Havana to the big arena of New York, where they are workers by day, stars of dance halls by night. Hijuelos's marvelous portrait of the Castillo brothers, their families, their fellow musicians and lovers, their triumphs and tragedies, re-creates the sights and sounds of an era in music and an unsung moment in American life"--publisher's description.
- Pulitzer Prize, 1990.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0374201250 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|